Exercise 9.5
I recently attended the Portal training for accessing the GISD portal from my home. The training was held on a day of professional development and was mandatory for all teachers. It was held in the computer lab on our campus and lasted 30 minutes. What I learned was how to access my home directory from my home computer through a portal website where we must have a username and password. The only thing I cannot access from this portal is my school desktop. So anything I save should be on the home directory at school.
I can apply what I learned by working from home and sending it to my home directory at school so that I can have it when I am ready to use it there. It will be easier to look for worksheets that I have made or have access to from home. What I make at home I can either email to my school address or save it to the directory at school. If I needed help with my portal I can go to the Master Technology Trainers at my school. They were trained on this before we were and if they can’t answer the questions I have, they will know the people to ask. Since I do not use this all the time, it would be helpful to have a paper or tutorial to refer to while accessing from home. Practicing with the portal will let me know whether or not I am using it successfully. Since it is new this year, I have not had much time to play with it. Hopefully in the future, I will have a better grasp of what it is capable of helping me with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment