Sunday, December 6, 2009

Professional Development - Power Point

So my first professional development was a little nerve racking. My papers were not copied until that day (which I know was my fault, but still), and I was just nervous that no one was going to show up except my department - because I told them they had to come to the first one - even though people said they were.
Well, good news people came like they said they would. I had enough papers - even a few too many. My principal came in to see what was going on and stayed for a while. After the class was over, she told me that what I was doing was a good thing and she hoped it would make a difference. She said she could see some teachers really getting into it.
Time ran over a bit and I could feel people getting restless. It is basically the same as a class of regular students, some are more advanced than others and want to know more, and others need more help and ask more questions than others. It is funny in that way......when put in a position where we are the student, that is how we act.
I know some of the teachers have beefed up their PowerPoint presentations with the information I taught them. Some of them still feel that it would take too much time for the kids to do it. I hope they give it a chance to work somehow. I would be more than happy to help them with a lesson for it! Others were already sharing ideas about how to incorporate some sort of PowerPoint making into their upcoming lessons. Overall....a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment