Sunday, December 6, 2009
Simple and Easy
So to increase the scores for vocabulary for my students I have them create PPT presentations using the word, the definition in their own words, and then they have to insert an animated clip, picture, or video that explains their words. So far it has increased scores for me. I know that it takes time to get your kids into the lab and most teachers feel that they don't have time to waste even one day of lab time that does not fall within their content for the day, but I believe it works. I can actually prove that it works, although not with the same words. I have a kid in class who has trouble with vocabulary and if I allow my kids to go to the lab to create a PPT with their words he does much better than if I don't get a chance to go to the lab. So that is proof enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment