I just created my first and second video for school this week. Although fun to create, it took time probably because I didn't know what I was doing for a while. Some aspects of creating the content video that I really liked were that I can actually use it in class. My kids would probably like it because I created it. They seem to respond more to things in class that I take more time with. I liked putting the whole thing together. I enjoyed giving them a historical perspective and bringing present day into their learning. If you can bring it full circle like that, I believe the students get a better perspective on things. They fully understand why we actually celebrate our independence and hopefully will appreciate it more.
I enjoyed the content video more because I can use it and because it was more of my own creating instead of having someone tell me what to include. Don't get me wrong....the first video was important as well. The content video would not have gone nearly as well had it not been for the basic video. It was just more of a unique creation. The content video was important because it made me use the camera in a different way that I am used to. It also gave me a better understanding of how shots on the camera are supposed to look. I used many of the shots in the content video that I learned in the basic video.
Overall I enjoyed making the videos. I would say that I would make my kids use videos in class, but the truth of the matter is I don't have the equipment. However, I would love to continue to make videos for them to watch (depending on how much they like this one). I am a firm believer that if the teacher takes more time in preparing the lesson (video) the more the students will appreciate and learn from it. This also strengthens the relationships I have with my students. They are always wanting to know about my family and I. They do better when I relate my personal life or theirs to the lesson. This will hopefully spark conversations about what they do to celebrate their independence day with their family. Other celebrations may come up as well. Anything I can do to enhance their listening and verbal skills is great! All in all, I enjoyed the project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment