Saturday, July 18, 2009

Podcast with Video

Here is my podcast with video. I made it for the newcomer Social Studies program I teach. I have students who have just moved to the United States or have been here for less than one year. My job is to teach them American history so when they get to 8th grade, they are somewhat familiar with the events.
The Video podcast I created on Christopher Columbus shows how he came from Spain to the Americas, and thought he was in India. There are locations on the map that I wanted the students to recognize so you will see them multiple times. I am also reading very slow so they can follow the words and look at the pictures at the same time.
Choosing the content for this was easier than I thought because newcomers are so needy in oral and visual communication and this form of teaching fits both. With this presentation I hope to have the students listen to it and after a few times, give them a notes page with missing information to have them fill in as they listen again. This will help their note-taking later in life.

C:\Users\Kelly\Documents\Camtasia Studio\Dickerson Columbus Podcast\Dickerson Columbus Podcast.html

No comments:

Post a Comment