Friday, July 17, 2009

What I learned using the Survey

I sent a survey to 7 of the teachers that I work with. They were in different departments and of different ranges of teaching experience. I realized that some of the teachers were not at all interested in having their students incorporate technology into the classroom. This surprised me, but some of the teachers were older and possibly more set in their ways. Some teachers were extremely eager to use multimedia if they were in charge of displaying it; not necessarily if the students were displaying the multimedia. So I am just assuming that the science teacher that I sent the survey to, the one with the most access to technology in the school, was the one who was stating that he already knew how to implement most of the podcasting and video into his lessons. I also learned that we need to have more small trainings about different topics. That is the way that most teachers liked receiving information. I also learned that most teachers are well versed in Word and e-mail, but not necessarily Power Point or Excel. Power point would be especially good to implement with students because they can see and read at the same time. Maybe there should be a small training for that. I think that would be very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment