Monday, July 27, 2009

Meeting with Leigh

I met with Leigh to discuss the Esperanza Rising web site. It was a great meeting. I liked getting another teacher's input about what I was doing. She teaches 6th grade at-risk students in my school. She has all of my 6th grade students in class because they are all considered at-risk. Anyway, I think she was a good person to meet with because she also teaches honor students. This gives her more range academically speaking than me because I only have intermediate ESL students. So her opinion to add sound for the dyslexic students was great. This would also help my ESL students as well, especially some of the lower-level students. I also asked her opinion on what she would do for her honors classes. She said she would make them write summaries of each chapter. I decided to write the summaries for my students because we can discuss those in class and I would rather have them concentrate on their responses on the blog than regurgitating information. Their responses, I hope, are original thoughts they can share with the class. I would like to do something like this again because it is like getting a new perspective on things. I also taught her some things like about Softchalk and rubistar.com. Those are things she can use in her classes now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment