Friday, July 17, 2009

SoftChalk

I used softchalk to do my advanced web site and loved it. It was so easy to use. I liked that I could upload different websites, quizzes and other web pages onto the web site I made from soft chalk. I uploaded movies from Brainpop and United Streaming to use as reinforcements in the lessons. I also linked quizzes to my own web page for the students to take when the time was appropriate. I was also able to use graphics and maps of the places that are discussed that were very clear. I was also able to have students link to www.googlemaps.com for travel distances and for students to have a visual as to where the events of the story take place. Other options that I liked on softchalk were that I could link vocabulary words in each of the summaries to tell the definition when the student put the mouse over it. I also could link some of the words in the summary to other web pages for more information. I wish my district would implement this for creating web pages with content for all subjects. Great tool for building.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - Thanks so much for posting about your experience with SoftChalk. We love to hear how our clients are using our product!!

    ReplyDelete